On Wednesday November 26, the NUin Community Council In-House Programming group organized a trip for a small group of students to see the Book of Kells at Trinity College. The Book of Kells is a manuscript of the four gospels of the New Testament of the bible, divided up into four books. It was really interesting to go see this museum because it is one of the most recommended things to go see when in Dublin, and it was cool learning a lot about the history of this period. The book itself contains different scripts and illustrations, and isn’t held together as one book, instead it is bound into four different volumes. Each day, a different page is shown to show the different parts of the book. It is believed that the Book of Kells was created on an island called Iona off of the coast of Scotland and then brought to Kells, Ireland, however there are other theories suggesting that it was created in Kells or even in England. The Book of Kells utilizes insular illumination, which is a form of art originating near the British isles and Ireland. It was brought over to be displayed at Trinity College in 1661 when it was transferred from Kells. Along with seeing the Book of Kells, the museum also had a room called the Long Room, which houses a lot of different busts of ancient philosophers and writers, such as Aristotle and Homer. The Long Room has a right to claim a free copy of every book ever published in the United Kingdom and Ireland. It was been in the 1700’s, but was expanded in 1860 when the shelves had become completely full and they recognized they needed more room. In the center of the Long Room were glass cases of other various works of literature, some old and others contemporary that encompass the ideas of older works such as the Hunger Games.